There is a small group of loud and vocal people who are opposed to hunting. It’s hard to miss if you spend any time on social media. They will present arguments that are based on emotions and not science. For this reason I do not debate with these people on social media or in person. Instead, I keep focused on why I hunt and why it’s a positive. Check out my list of reasons why I will never apologize for being a hunter.
Ten Reasons To Not Apologize For Being a Hunter
- We are conservationists. Hunters contribute billions of dollars and millions of hours every year dedicated to conservation.
- We have a huge and positive impact on the economy. Even a liberal state like California recognizes this.
- We provide clean, organic food for our families.
- We stay connected to our local ecosystems. Many actively participate by reporting poaching, trash dumpers, etc.
- We help control invasive species, such as wild hogs and Eurasian doves.
- We reduce the environmental impact of commercial meat production by purchasing less or no commercially farmed meat.
- We fight to keep public land in the public’s hands.
- We help create new public lands that everyone can enjoy.
- We are predators. This is why we have canine teeth and eyes that face forward. This is science.
- Hunters are supported by the majority of people. 80% of people support hunting.
Do you have any reasons to add to this list? Let me know by commenting below, or hit me up on Facebook (be sure to give us a like, too!).